CalendarCreator.dmg :: A service for Mac OS X. Install by double clicking the disk image (the .dmg file you download) and dragging the CalendarCreator.service file on the newly mounted drive to ~/Library/Services/ or /Library/Services/. Once you log out and log back in you will be able to add any selected text as an event in iCal in a new calendar called "CalendarCreator". You can read the ReadMe if you really want to to find out just how it all works and for further help installing the service.
Sorry about taking so long for an update, but we've had a busy few years. We are working on a new release to address some of the common complaints (choosing the calendar the event goes into is a biggie) and to look at how people have been using the service from Quicksilver. So sit tight, it still works on Mac OS X 10.2 through 10.4.x, and we'll hopefully have something cool for you.
Download 1.1 and check it out: a new service has been added, Add To Do, in which you can add To Dos to your iCal instead of just events. You can also set a new preference, albeit obscurely (sorry, we'll do something about that some day). See the ReadMe file for details.
Oh, and we know the icon is ugly. You could always help us out, you know?
- v. 1.1 is now a Universal Binary. About flippin' time. - 9.10.2007
- v. 1.0.3 is proof that if you poke us, we do bleed. Err, respond. With a release. 1.0.3 is the current download. This release will work just fine with Panther, Tiger, and probably Leopard. And adds an Add To Do service and a secret sauce default to change which calendar your events and to dos get created in. - 31.10.2005
- v. 1.0.2 is not any longer the current download. This release will work just fine with Panther, Tiger, and probably Leopard. - 31.10.2005
- v. 1.0.2 is finally not the current download and changes the key equivalent to command-shift-d to make it easier to make calendar entries from apps that have a colour panel. Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org of any bugs you may experience with formatting, especially for international date/time formats. - 24.07.2003
- v. 1.0.1 fixes a small bug with quotation marks in the string selected not adding an event. It has still undergone limited testing under international date/time preferences. Please let us know at email@example.com of any bugs you may experience with formatting. - 18.07.2003
- v. 1.0 is the initial release. It has undergone limited testing under international date/time preferences. Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org of any bugs you may experience with formatting. - 18.07.2003